Recipe | Vietnamese Tofu in Tomato sauce
Quick super easy healthy tofu in tomato sauce recipe for the family. This recipe serves a family of 4. Suitable for Vegans.
400g of fresh tofu in water
2 spring onions
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tbsp of chicken stock
1. Slice the tofu into even rectangular chucks - you should be able to get around 18-20 slices.
2. Dry the tofu with a kitchen paper towel, before frying them in a pan for about 15mins until a golden brown.
3. Whilst waiting for the tofu to cook, slice out the tomatoes into medium size chucks
4. Sauté the tomatoes into a pan with a little water to soften
5. Once the tomatoes have softened, add in the cooked tofu and stir for another 2mins.
6. Chop up the spring onions diagonally and add to the dish a few mins before serving.
|Make sure you blot water from the tofu off otherwise it'll take longer to cook.|
|Look at the crispy goodness! YUM!|
|You don't want the sliced tomatoes to be too small or to big, slice them up just right. :)|